Marc Newson Ltd
Marc Newson is one of the most acclaimed and influential designers of his generation. He has worked across a wide range of disciplines, creating everything from furniture and household objects, to bicycles and cars, private and commercial aircraft, yachts, various architectural commissions, and signature sculptural pieces for clients across the globe.
- Contribute to the exterior and interior design of a new build megayacht focusing on both the aesthetic and technical/naval architecture components of the design
- Create and adapt designs, drawings and technical calculations and ensure they comply with current regulations and clients’ requirements
- Work closely with a host of external parties and our internal team
- Travel as required to client and build site in Europe (usually 1x month)
- 4+ years relevant work experience, ideally all of which involves large-scale yachts
- Past experience in all project phases required—from concept to build process to delivery
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Good time management skills; delivering work on time and to a high standard
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Must work well within a varied team
- Fluency in English
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK/sponsorship not available
- Excellent AutoCAD (or similar) and Rhino modelling skills required
- Very good Adobe CS skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Evidence on CV of technical detailing
- Understanding of boat building methods, materials, and requirements
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Yacht Designer” in the subject heading.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications, we shall only respond to candidates whose candidacy we would like to pursue.
Start date: November 2020
For access to the press section please use the form above to log in.
If you do not have an account, please click here to register.